Wendy started her customer service career at the age of 15 selling Avon to her neighbours. She soon realised that people buy from people. Being friendly, helpful and knowledgeable was key to her success. A week after her 16th birthday she started work as a Sales Assistant at Woolworths where she worked until she started University.
Wendy graduated with a degree in Licensed Retail Management and continued her operational development and experience within the retail, hospitality and tourism industries, working for First Choice, Mitchells and Butlers, Premier Inn, Greggs and Liberty Living (student accommodation). In 2012 Wendy undertook her Training and Assessor qualifications which led to her setting up her own training company in 2020.
Wendy’s course facilitation style encourages her delegates to develop their own thoughts and ideas by providing a space to think. Wendy will underpin their knowledge with theories, stories of past personal experiences and creating a relaxing environment for people to learn, ask questions and debate other viewpoints and suggestions of all delegates.
Her numerous clients include Amazon, BMW Group, Birmingham Hippodrome, British Museum, Carrs Billington, Crosby Training Group, Dalesford Dairy, Hansen Regan, HOST, LEAD Limited, Macintyre Hudson accountancy, NHS Dental Trust, Pearsons, Probation service, Remploy, Saltoria Marketing, Stellantis, Unite Students, Valeo, West Mercia Police.
Her clients cover a diverse range of sectors including accounting, automotive, arts & theatre, educational providers, emergency services, engineering, HR specialists, IT, manufacturing, medical, recruitment, retail, student accommodation, training providers.
Examples of her work include:
- Unconscious bias programme to the entire Liberty Living group (500 people) to raise awareness of the diverse nature of the team and to provide an inclusive customer service experience for the students.
- Train the trainer programme for Unite Students which enabled the leaders across the business to deliver consistent training to merge the teams acquired through business acquisition.
- Mental Health programmes to increase awareness, provide guidance to leaders and assist with strategy implementation.
And examples of feedback include:
- ‘Wendy was very informative. She made sure all participants were involved in the course. She was non-judgmental and very understanding. It was very easy to open up and she created a brilliant atmosphere. I would recommend this course to any person in their private or professional life.’
- ‘The tutor, Wendy, was great and her honest, real world examples were good and she brought a positive energy which helped to motivate the group which I think is hard with mixed engagement and a range of cameras on and off. Overall, it was a really good course – thanks so much to all involved.’
- ‘I was so pleased with how well it went, each day was different and exciting, despite covering a lot of ground for each topic. The trainer was great and offered support and made me feel included in all of the sessions.’
Wendy’s qualifications include:
- Bournemouth University. BA (Hons) Licensed Retail Management
- Level 2 Business Mentoring Practice
- Level 4 Certificate Leading the Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) of Assessment Processes and Practice
- Adult 2-day Mental Health First Aider facilitator. MHFA England
- IOSH – Managing Safely
- Level 3 in Assessing Vocational Achievement. TAQA Assessors Award. City and Guilds
- Level 3 Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector. NCFE
Wendy is based in Worcestershire and delivers customer service training across the UK.