Steve is a highly experienced and popular trainer, speaker and coach. He spent many years as a customer service engineer in the data and telecoms sector before transitioning to the commercial side of the IBM UK business as an account manager and, eventually, a trainer. As an engineer, Steve realised the importance of being an ambassador for the company and building relationships for customer retention. He believes good communication, developing and maintaining a relationship are the building blocks for long-term business sustainability.
Whilst at IBM, Steve delivered customer care training to more than 200 sales staff, engineers, managers, professionals and help-desk staff. As a result, customer complaints decreased significantly, the engineer morale survey results were the highest on record, and sales were the highest for the decade. He also delivered presentation skills and sales relationships skills training, amongst other topics and facilitated a number of leadership programmes.
Since leaving IBM, Steve has spent several years in customer facing roles, from customer support to account management, before moving to L&D, including training, coaching and personal development. He has worked with organisations, business owners, executives and teams, and understands the impact building trust, relationships, good communications and excellent service has on customers. Steve set up his own consultancy practice in 2009 as an independent trainer and mentor, delivering training, coaching and masterclasses on a range of business, leadership and personal development topics, focusing primarily on customer service, communications, presentation skills, and personal impact and effectiveness. He has delivered his training to more than 600 clients across a wide range of sectors including education, IT, marketing, sales, accountancy, dental, and business consultancies.
His qualifications include:
- Certified NLP trainer and master practitioner
- Clinical Hypnotherapist
- Certified Coach with CoachU
- Profiles International assessment tool certified on Profile XT, PSA, 360 Degree, PPI
- Distinguished Toastmaster – Toastmasters International
See what people have said about his training:
- ‘We recently hired Steve to deliver presentation skills training to several members of our organisation, including the MD, sales and marketing teams, each with different requirements, in preparation for presenting at several different situations and business events. It was adapted for the needs of all of us.’
- ‘The programme was very well structured, and incorporated how to plan, structure and deliver an engaging presentation, with confidence and authority in any situation and handling nerves. There was plenty of practice, and I particularly liked the focus on how to construct the script, handling questions and developing a powerful and engaging presence. I have since presented confidently and successfully at several business events. I highly recommend Steve as a presentation trainer / coach.’
Steve is based near Reading in Berkshire and is able to deliver customer service training in London and the south-east (London, Essex, Kent, Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Surrey, Berkshire, Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Oxfordshire) and, indeed, across the country.