An enthusiastic student and practitioner of customer service his whole career, Scott has been working as a trainer and coach in this field since 1996. His foundation in customer service and then sales emanates from his time on the front line in retail banking with NatWest. Demonstrating a strong philosophy of putting the customer first, Scott was invited to lead a local project team, challenged with the task of reducing customer queues and waiting times. The recommendations from Scott’s team were implemented, resulting in a 50% reduction in queuing and a marked increase in customer satisfaction. His team were rewarded with a Quality Service award at the national service conference.
This passion for helping customers evolved into various relationship management roles. Recognising an interest in helping others to improve their skills, Scott became a Sales and Service Coach at the newly established call centres set up within NatWest. He achieved his ultimate ambition within the bank when he joined the New Learning Organisation, who were responsible for delivering learning and development across the organisation.
Since setting up his own training consultancy in 1999, Scott has worked with a range of organisations and sectors. Notable customer service projects include:
- Working with Carnival Cruise lines to help develop management and customer service skills.
- Training electric cable repair engineers in UK Power Networks to improve their customer service with the public during power outages and repairs.
- Developing leisure centre employees and in particular their inter-personal skills with both internal and external customers.
Scott has published a number of articles on his experiences as an international trainer and coach. He has worked with many clients (eg, HMV, Waterstones, NatWest, Senate Electrical, Denmans Electrical, Software Europe, University of Lincoln, Davies Tapes, Moon Beevor Solicitors, London Borough of Greenwich, Avtura, Acton Training Centre, Hall & Partners, Johnson & Wales University (Miami), Costa Cruises, EDF, UK Power Networks, The Ship’s Photographer (Services) Ltd, Restons solicitors, Brockwells Forestry, Oxford City Council, Stevenage Leisure, etc, etc) in a diverse range of sectors, particularly retail, wholesaling and hospitality, but also encompassing finance, training, market research, vehicle repair, airline operations, software design, energy and universities.
His qualifications include:
- Qualified NLP Master Practitioner, Time Line Therapist and Hypno-therapist
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of Banking (ACIB)
- National Vocational Qualification Internal Verifier and NVQ Assessor (CIPD)
- Accredited practitioner in DISC and Facet5 profiling tools.
Scott’s programmes get great feedback, as the following comments from participants show:
- He was fantastic, every point I understood and he was a great teacher!
- Really liked Scott, great bloke. Interesting, not boring, had enough breaks, learnt a lot, he had some great real life experience to use as examples too.
- Absolutely fantastic!! Managed to have everyone engaged and focused. Firm but approachable, can work the room.
- Makes the course fun, interesting very informative.
- Funny – understanding, knowledgeable.
- Fast-paced delivery, very knowledgeable and experienced. Thank you.
- Very passionate and interesting person.
- Personable and very friendly.
- A good teacher.
- Very knowledgeable and engaging.
- Enthusiastic, knowledgeable, encouraging, fun, a good teacher.
- Professional – extremely knowledgeable and approachable.
- Knowledgeable, helpful, enthusiastic.
- Excellent! Really impressive.
- Good communicator.
- Extremely entertaining and funny.
- Brilliant and thorough.
- Scott is very knowledgeable and engaging, and great at getting everyone involved.
- Really friendly and engaging.
- Top man!
- Scott was excellent. Thorough, but listened to everyone and kept momentum up through the day.
- Fun, interactive, engaged the team very well. Had a laugh with us all.
- Great facilitator.
- Lovely man.
- He was very interesting and kept you switched on.
- LOVE HIM!
Scott is based in Biggleswade, Bedfordshire and delivers customer service training across London and the south-east.