Amanda is a consultant, facilitator and coach with an in-depth understanding of organisational, team and personal change in the public service and VCSE sectors. She has an imagination that lends itself to providing interesting and creative learning interventions, using a range of training and coaching approaches to create and support motivating and safe learning environments and promote transfer back at work.
Previous roles have included working in front line, management and leadership positions in all three sectors at local and national level and including two assistant directorships. After 15 years of enjoying these roles and responsibilities, Amanda set up her own business in 2001. She has since developed a number of specialisms, including customer focus, performance management and coaching.
Amanda works mainly in the public and not-for-profit sectors (including social enterprises and public business support services), for clients such as Buckinghamshire County Council, Aylesbury Vale District Council, Wycombe District Council, Central Bedfordshire Council, Northampton Borough Council, Surrey County Council, East Thames Group, Peabody Trust, Wellingborough Homes, North Hertfordshire Homes, Islington Council, SFEDI Awards, MK Arts for Health, Institute for Enterprise and Entrepreneurs, Leapfrog Mentoring Academy, MK Play Association, Surrey Youth Consortium, Social Enterprise South East, the YMCA, etc, etc.
Her qualifications and professional memberships include:
- Level 4 Award, Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
- Post-graduate Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring Practice
- A1 Award
- Fellow IOEE
- Certificate in Positive Therapies (BPS)
- Chartered Fellow CIPD
- Certified NLP Business Practitioner
- NVQ Level 4 Training and Development (Learning and Development)
- L2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in TESOL
- Leaders’ Guide – A tool for Youth Workers, Managers and Volunteers, NACYP Publications, 1999
- Baseline – Handbook and Toolkit: Setting up and Running a Youth Club, CYP Publications, 2010
- An Introduction to Enterprise Mentoring, Essential Enterprise Series, SFEDI Group and Essential Business, Ashford Colour Press, 2011 (co-authors Peter Stevens, Ruth Lowbridge)
- Get Mentoring and the Get Mentoring Pocket Book, SFEDI Group and Essential Business, Ashford Colour Press, 2012 (co-author Ruth Lowbridge)
See some of the feedback from her training:
- ‘The team really enjoyed the training and felt that they got something out of it which is really positive. I felt that it went really well and gave the workers an opportunity to reflect on the way they respond to situations and why, and building up their resilience. It certainly helped me!’
- ‘Many thanks for the training workshop yesterday – really inspiring in both the content and the way you encouraged us all to participate.’
- ‘Great feedback from the trainees today and lovely to see our partners also really enjoyed the training too. I do think this has made a real difference. Amanda you were excellent and a really engaging trainer with lots of very practical advice for the trainee mentors.’
- ‘The course was excellent and I welcomed the opportunity to attend. I am going to go ahead and complete the accreditation. We are thrilled that staff are able to benefit from this very useful training.’
Amanda is based in Milton Keynes and works across the UK.