Sylva is an experienced, innovative and engaging trainer. She established her own consultancy in 2000 after ten years as a training manager within the financial services industry. Her passion is innovation, bringing tools and techniques drawn from social psychology and behavioural science into customer service training, creating lively events that deliver immediate performance gains.
A speaker at sales and service conferences, her clients include Barclays Bank, HSBC, Vodaphone, Surrey County Council, Lloyds Banking Group, Royal Bank of Scotland, Aviva, Danone, Photobox, Levi Strauss, Capital One, Crown Pet Foods, Jaguar Landrover, Marks and Spencer, Santander, Tasweeq (Doha), 888 Holdings, DAS, Nationwide, and F&C Holdings. Sylva has experience in an impressive range of sectors, including manufacturing, telecoms, retail, healthcare, financial services, oil and gas, gaming and local government. Sylva has a particular focus on sales, service and coaching.
Her qualifications include:
- MSc in Psychotherapy
- NLP Practitioner
- Life Coach and Performance Coach
- Associate Member of the CIPD
- NVQ Assessor Award (D32 and D33)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Foundation in Transactional Analysis
Examples of Sylva’s work include:
- Design and delivery of a national training programme for retail financial services telephony staff resulting in a significant increase in Net Promoter Scores and three awards for the client in the Top 50 Contact Centre for Customer Services Awards.
- Design and delivery of a customer service and coaching programme for advisors and team leaders covering telephony, webchat and email for a county council, resulting in a national training award for innovation.
- Delivery of an award-winning project in retail banking covering difficult conversations in face-to-face situations.
- Design and delivery of a sales and service programme for webchat advisors in Antigua that delivered an immediate uplift in sales by $50,000 (£34,000) a week.
Sylva specialises in webchat and telephony sales and service training supported with live coaching that creates an up-turn in performance from day one. Her clients have won several awards, including the Contact Centre Top 50 Awards for Customer Service.
Sylva is based in the Midlands and delivers customer service training across the country.